Wednesday 6 February 2013

My favourite eye make up products

 Hi everyone! 

As a fashion blogger, I tend to only post my outfits. However, since I am currently in school, I spend most of my time in my school uniform and don't wear as many non-school outfits. Another thing I am passionate about besides fashion is beauty. I will start to regularly feature make up and beauty posts on my blog.


As a girl with blonde eyelashes, there is nothing I love more than dark eye makeup! Over the years I have tried and tested a whole range of products from so many different brands but as of 2010 I finally found the perfect eyeliners. 


For everyday wear, i prefer to use pencil liner. Ones I have used in the past wear painful to apply and often bled down to my cheeks which was annoying. Luckily, since then I have found the perfect everyday eye liner. It's a crayon, rather than pencil which makes it so much easier to apply and it is so waterproof that when I come out of the surf or a swimming pool, it still looks perfect, given that i don't rub my eyes. I am of course referring to the one and only Chanel's amazing "Stylo yeux waterproof" long-lasting eyeliner in shade 10 ébène. The colour is a dark grey, so it is a softer, less intense shade that black. It also comes with a handy built-in sharpener at the end; you just pull of the base.




When it comes to liquid liners, I use "Écriture de Chanel" automatic liquid liner by Chanel in shade 10 noir. It applies like a normal liner which makes it quick and easy, especially if you're in a hurry. 




Mascara has been one of my everyday essentials since I was about 12 and it still is today. Even on the days where I go out with no make up on, I always wear mascara. Here are a few of my favourites.


 For everyday use, I use LashBlast Length Water Resistant mascara in colour Very Black 825 from Covergirl. This mascara is a perfect mascara for length. My lashes are visibly longer and more defined when I use this mascara, making it perfect for everyday use. It is very simple and makes lashes look natural.





 For volume, I use Maybelline's Volum' Express The Flasies Waterproof mascara in Blackest Black. It makes my lashes look significantly fuller and more beautiful, as if I am wearing false lashes. This mascara is perfect for night time occasions but I also wear it during the day. The only trouble is that it is so waterproof, I often have trouble trying to remove it with make up remover.




For a waterproof mascara I bring on beach vacations, I use the Mesmer-Eyes Mascara in Black Waterproof from Napoleon Perdis. The brush is kind of strange (you use the thicker comb first and then the finer one) and if you don't wipe it on the rim of the bottle before you apply it, it can come out clumpy on your eyelashes. This mascara is perfect for just thinly coating your lashes, giving them a natural yet beautiful and defined appearance. I used this mascara on my most recent beach holiday, and it is the only mascara I wear when I go to the beach.





 That is all for my first ever beauty post. 

I'm always happy to hear your feedback, so post any questions or comments below! 

Love, 
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment