Sunday 5 August 2012

{Lace + Denim}







**Please excuse my horrific facial expression. I'm not exactly a supermodel, as you can tell**

Shorts: Riders
Singlet top: Bonds
Lace top: Don't Ask Amanda
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
Shoes: Rubi Shoes
Necklace and bracelets: All presents from friends 


Today I hung out at the local oval for the Moocooboola Festival. It is an annual festival and I have been going for as long as I can remember. Moocooboola is an Aboriginal term that means "the meeting of waters." This is because the Hunter's Hill peninsula is bordered by the Lane Cove River and the Parramatta River. These two rivers meet and flow into Sydney Harbour at the end of the peninsula. Hence, "the meeting of waters."

The festival is always fun and I see heaps of local people that I know. I went up relatively early to meet up with my grandmother, my uncle, my aunt and some of my cousins to see my younger cousin dance. I can't say it was the most entertaining performance ever, but they did a good job for 5 year olds, especially in front of such a large crowd.  It did feel weird to be cheering on a dance school other than my own though! Even though we don't compete against them or are associated with them in any way, it was still a bit strange for me.

I went up again an hour later to meet up with a few of my friends and some of their friends who I know relatively well. We hung out in the grandstand, ate food, chatted and just hung out. It was a pretty chilled day, which was nice. 

Love, Phoebe xo

No comments:

Post a Comment