Wednesday 18 April 2012

P is for Parentals


Love them or hate them, your parents are the people who you are kind of stuck with. They always have your best intentions at heart, but as a stubborn teenager, you may interpret this as them trying to ruin your life.

My mom and dad are my everything! I have no idea what I would do without them. I have lived a very, very sheltered life and I often take things for granted. Luckily, my parents help keep me grounded and always remind me how lucky I am. I know that they don't want a spoiled, ungrateful brat for a daughter, which is why I do my best to be the opposite of this.

Being a parent is a tough job. I'm sure my parents have gone through hell and back with me and my siblings. My sister and I tend to team up against our parents in order to get what we want. Sometimes this works, but sometimes I end up in tears. I feel bad for my parents when I throw tantrums and cry and all that, but mind you, the tantrums have become a lot less frequent as I have gotten older. I am a very overdramatic person, and sometimes I wonder how they can possibly put up with me.

My brother is 12 and on the verge of his teenage years. I sometimes feel bad for the kid as it seems like he has four parents at times. Not going to lie, I do yell at and reprimand him a fair bit, but I'm his older sister, it's my job! He is already developing quite an attitude and I cannot imagine what he will be like over the next few years. Thankfully, I'll be out of the house by then!

A parent is something I have always wanted to be. Ever since I was little, I have dreamed of being a mom. I am excited to have my own kids and I'm sure they will feel the same way I did towards my parents when they are teenagers. If my daughters turn out to be anything like teenage me, well, I guess it will be karma, in a way.


No comments:

Post a Comment