Tuesday 10 April 2012

J is for Jewellery


Jewellery is my life, to say the least. Being the princessy girly girl that I am, I adore things that sparkle.

My jewellery collection is large, to say the least. I often forget about all the pieces I have. I tend to stick to the same key pieces of jewellery, but if I'm feeling adventurous, I'll dig through the boxes and pouches and find something I'd normally not consider wearing. I love mixing things up!

Jewellery has the capability to change the mood of an outfit, another reason why I love it so much! Take the little black dress, for example. You can accessorise it in so many different ways with different pieces of jewellery that you can create at least 10 new outfits.

Although I must say, less is more. People who layer on necklaces and bracelets and rings religiously tend to look a tad ridiculous, especially if they aren't little. I'm all for experimenting with different looks, but if you are going to layer your jewellery, I would suggest to focus on just one area. For example, just wear layered necklaces and maybe a simple bangle and earrings, and vice versa.


2 comments:

  1. I love jewelry. It doesn't have to be super expensive, just cool. Nice post!

    From Diary of a Writer in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love earrings, the big dangly kind. I used to wear all sorts of jewelry. Even though my ears are pierced thrice, I only wear one set of earrings and even that's a rare occasion. But I love my chokers! ;)


    Elizabeth

    A to Z co-host

    ReplyDelete