Tuesday 7 February 2012

School days;

I've never really thought about it but I think that once I finish school late next year, I will actually miss it. Well, not school in general, but the routine. It has taken me about four years to perfect my routine but now that I have it down pat, I actually won't be needing to follow it much longer. Shame, right?

I am actually really happy that we wear school uniforms to school here in Australia. It makes getting ready in the morning at least ten times easier and you don't need to worry about judgemental people criticising an outfit you spent 20 minutes perfecting and piecing together. It also makes weekends more exciting as you obviously don't wear your uniform when you go out. Well, I guess you could but that would be weird...
And, by everyone wearing the same thing, you can express your individuality through your personality, rather than through the clothes you wear. I think that is truly important.

The other thing I have grown accustomed to over the years is teachers telling you what to do and which things to work on for homework. In university, you are pretty much left to your own devices when it comes to working out what you need to work on. Well, so I've heard. I'm not exactly the most focused person around so I think that university will be a big step up for me, especially if I am planning to do a fast-tracked course. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I want to do a Journalism course, which generally spans four years, but the university I am planning to go to crams a four year course into two years. It's good that I will get it done in shorter time, but bad as it means that the workload will be bigger.

Love,
               Phoebe xo

No comments:

Post a Comment