Wednesday 18 January 2012

I'm home!

I spent the last 3 and a bit weeks over in America and I thought I'd share some of the photos I took. 


New York:

New York has to be my absolute favourite place in the entire world! It is such an exciting city- no matter what time it is, something is always happening! It is such a fun place to be and I absolutely adore the atmosphere. I also find the architecture extremely fascinating. I was staying on West 43rd street which is on the lower West Side. It was an amazing location, we were close to Times Square and the Village was only a quick taxi ride away.


Orlando, Florida:

On our trip, my family and I went to Florida for the first time which was so much fun! The theme parks we visited were Magic Kingdom, Islands Of Adventure and Epcot. We also drove out to Cape Canaveral to visit the Kennedy Space Centre. Magic Kingdom was my favourite, partly because it was my choice to go to it but also because it was just like Disneyland in Anaheim, which is one of my favourite places on earth! I've been there three times and every time I fall in love all over again, which is why i loved Magic Kingdom. The castle was absolutely phenomenal! I personally prefer the castle in Anaheim as it is Sleeping Beauty's castle and she is my favourite Disney Princess/movie. The picture below is the Cinderella castle in Magic Kingdom.


One of the highlights of our time in Florida was our visit to Islands of Adventure where we went to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! It was so realistic, it totally blew my mind! I was utterly speechless when we walked through Hogsmeade; everything was perfect, it was just like the movies. I bought plenty of souvenirs too, especially Slytherin ones, as I consider myself a Slytherin(: 



Bachelor Gulch, Colorado:

Bachelor Gulch/Avon/Beaver Creek was our next stop. My parents took me and my siblings skiing for the first time ever in July last year so our stop in Colorado was mainly for us to ski. I was terrible when we learnt to ski and it was traumatising for me! It wasn't a very good experience for me and after that I had sworn off skiing for the rest of my life. My parents were determined to get me up on skis this trip so they booked me and my sister a lesson and now I can ski! I'm very proud of myself(: Our instructor was great and the snow was absolutely divine! I swear, I am never going to ski in Australia again now that I have skied in Colorado. On one of the days, it snowed all day and all night and we got about four inches in total which was fantastic! I absolutely love snow! I took this photo when I woke up on the morning that it was snowing.


Santa Monica, California:

Our last stop before heading home was Santa Monica. I don't particularly like the Hollywood and LA areas but I love Santa Monica! Anyone who has been there before will most likely agree with me when I say that it is a gorgeous area. The hotel we stay in when we go to SM is right on the beach and about a one minute walk to the Santa Monica Pier. This was the view from the balcony in my room:


So that is my trip! I had an absolute blast and I can't wait to go back :)


Love, 
               Phoebe xo

No comments:

Post a Comment