Thursday 15 December 2011

The importance of giving back;

From a young age, my parents have always told me that if you are fortunate enough, always give back. I personally believe that it is very important to help out people less fortunate than yourself. Charity work is so fulfilling and I have met so many incredible and inspiring people through it. It is always a positive experience and it makes me realise how truly grateful I am for all the opportunities that I have been blessed with.

Today I was helping out at the Salvation Army's annual Street Kids Picnic with my sister Emma, my dad and three girls, Rose, Jacqui and Sami from my dad's office. It was held at the Oasis Youth Support Network on Crown Street in Surry Hills. The amount of volunteers who turned up to help out was absolutely incredible! It is always great seeing people support such a worthy cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment